The PTDA ray logo, Channeling the Power of Industry®, Transmissions®, IDQS®, Industrial Distribution Quality System® and Power Transmission Handbook® (publications and downloadable electronic books) are all registered as service marks of the Power Transmission Distributors Association. Industrial Careers Pathway® is a registered service mark of the PTDA Foundation. PT WORK Force® is a registered mark of the PTDA Foundation.
Antitrust Do's and Don'ts
It is PTDA’s policy to strictly comply with the letter and spirit of all applicated federal and state antitrust laws. All Association officers, directors, members, staff, meeting attendees, call participants or others gathering under the auspices of the Association must have a understanding of the federal antitrust laws and how the laws apply to their activities. For reference, please review the Antitrust Do's and Dont's.
Adopted October 30, 2008
Amended June 20, 2018
The information PTDA collects
We gather the following types of information in the following ways to maintain our membership records, process your transactions and fulfill your requests. This information identifies you as an individual or is information that can be linked to you as an individual (“personal data”).
Contact information provide by you that we collect includes your personal and/or business addresses, phone and fax numbers, e-mail addresses and titles, social media addresses and IP addresses.
We also collect information provided by you or a representative of your company, either electronically or by hard copy in the course of conducting business with you, including but not limited to the data provided via:
- Membership applications
- Event registration forms
- Member data information forms
- Research and membership surveys
- Product orders
- Online account creation and update
How PTDA uses collected information
We use this information to:
- Publish our membership directory
- Notify you of relevant products and services
- Notify you of upcoming events and programs
- Keep you abreast of industry news and information
- Populate our distributor and/or manufacturer company online locators accessible by the public
- Populate our executive online locators accessible by PTDA members with login
- Publish member profiles of aggregate member company demographics with no identifying information for individuals or of member companies
- Publish attendee registration lists for PTDA-sponsored events including the Industry Summit. Data shared on attendee registration lists includes any and all contact information (as described above) and is accessible by PTDA members with login
We will not keep your personal data any longer than necessary.
How we share information
PTDA does not share, sell or trade personal data to third parties, except to:
- EMEA Power Transmission Distributors Association
- PTDA affinity program vendors
- Vendors contracted by PTDA to provide members-only benefits (e.g. Converve software for MD-IDEX scheduling and others)
- PTDA members via registration lists, the electronic membership directory and contact database
PTDA reserves the right to disclose without notice any information in its possession if required to do so by law, to protect or defend PTDA’s rights or property or to respond to an emergency.
This website contains links to third-party websites which are not under the control of PTDA. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of any linked site. Links to other sites do not imply PTDA’s endorsement of the products or services, or privacy or security practices of those websites.
Your right to control information
PTDA acknowledges that you have the right to access your personal data. In case you request us to remove data, we will respond within a reasonable timeframe.
Upon request, PTDA will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal data. You can update or correct your personal data or remove it from our system by making a request to us at the contact information provided below. Requests typically receive a response within thirty (30) days. If access cannot be provided within that time frame, we will provide the requesting party with an estimated date by which the information will be provided. If for some reason access is denied, we will provide an explanation of why access has been denied.
- Members: On the PTDA web site, which requires you to use your login and password, you or your company’s key contact or advocate may edit your contact and mailing information directly.
- European Union members: PTDA is committed to full compliance with the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). For each instance in which PTDA collects data from you, we will contact you immediately to provide you with the opportunity to give or withhold permission for sharing your data. You also have the “right to be forgotten” which may be exercised by contacting PTDA at +1.312.516.2100 or [email protected].
- E-mail opt-out: You may opt to receive no e-mail or fax communication from PTDA or third-party vendors through PTDA. Please contact PTDA at +1.312.516.2100 or [email protected] to exercise your choice to opt-out. Please understand that once you have unsubscribed you will no longer receive ANY e-mail or fax communication from PTDA which include important member information, PTDA promotions, newsletters, etc.
We maintain security procedures and standards which we believe are as safe as today’s technology permits. We test these procedures and modify them regularly as new technologies become feasible.
We are committed to taking reasonable efforts to secure the information that you choose to provide us, and we use a variety of security procedures to help protect against unauthorized access to or alteration, disclosure, or destruction of personal data. We restrict access to personal data to our employees, contractors and service providers who need to know the information to operate, develop, or improve our services.
We retain your personal data for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
Credit information that you and credit authorizers provide when you make payments by credit card for products, dues or other services are encrypted and will only be used to process the transactions you request. This information will never be sold, shared or provided to other third parties. PTDA annually audits our procedures to ensure compliance with the FTC’s Red Flags Rule and with the implementation of a written Identity Theft Prevention Program (ITPP).
We do not request nor do we use social security numbers in the course of our business with our members or the public.
Address: 230 W Monroe, Ste 1410, Chicago, IL, 60606-4703
Email: [email protected]
Social Media Policies
PTDA Social Media Usage Guidelines
Offensive Behavior Policy